Saturday, October 1, 2011

Arepas

Made arepas for breakfast, roughly the Hispanic equivalent of pancakes. Growing up in a half-Hispanic household, they were my favorite breakfasts. Now I can make them for myself whenever I want!

20111001-123637.jpg

Traditionally they are prepared in a more complicated way involving tools I don't have, but this way that I learned from my mother is super easy.

Combine "Masarepa" (flour for arepas, found at Hispanic supermarkets) and water until it is possible to form little balls by hand. Flatten the balls into patties and cook on medium in a pan coated with butter. Cook both sides until slightly hardened (they won't change color much), then remove and top with butter, salt, and the cheese of your choice. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Real nice style and design and great content material , nothing else we need : D.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...