Monday, March 19, 2012

Lemon-caper asparagus pasta

Asparagus is cheap right now, so I bought a bunch. I have never done anything with asparagus other than steam it but since I had just received an e-mail from Martha Stewart with asparagus recipes, I thought I'd try one out. The Roasted Asparagus with Capers and Lemon caught my eye, but I figured I'd incorporate it into my main course instead of having it as a side.



Following the recipe, I coated a baking sheet with olive oil and spread out the asparagus, rolling coat the stalks. I sprinkled sea salt and capers on top (not in any particular amounts), and roasted them for 16 minutes at 425.


I probably should have done a little less time (the recipe suggests 12-16 minutes so I'll probably shoot for 12  next time), but I was very pleased with my results.


To complete the meal, I put some whole wheat spaghetti atop the asparagus, drizzled it with olive oil, sprinkled lemons and capers on top, and devoured it!

1 comment:

  1. I never thought about serving it this way. Looks delish

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...