Friday, January 13, 2012

Finally...

...finished a book that I have been working on for a loooooong time! It's The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. As a person whose interests lean toward the biological and medical, it was a fascinating read for me. It is about the life of Henrietta Lacks, the woman whose cells were taken, regrown, and used world-wide for research without her knowledge or her family's (for many years). Although there were some slow parts, it was definitely a good reminder that the patient's interests ought to be held above all else where scientific progress is concerned.


Felt so good to finally finish a book I had been working on for about a month, especially considering 99% of my reading consists of chapters in textbooks. Oh well, back to that in just a few days. Bought my textbooks for this semester, costing more than just a pretty penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...