Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Night at the ballet

Tonight my mother and I celebrated the holiday season with an evening at the ballet. We saw The Nutcracker performed by the Colorado Ballet.


 We started the evening with dinner at the cutest French restaurant called Bistro Vendôme. The food was absolutely delicious. My apologies for the quality of the photos, they looked better when I took them.




The meal began with bread and butter and a great roasted pepper bisque amuse-bouche. My mother and I both ordered the Saumon aux Cèpes which was the best meal I have had in a long time (she agreed), with salmon over a potato mushroom gratin that just melted in my mouth. The Crème Brûleé we had for dessert was probably the best I have ever had. It was the perfect consistency, light instead of heavy and too sweet, plus the blueberries on top added to the freshness.



We arrived at the theater just in time for the ballet to start. It was spectacular! The dancing was beautiful and the sets were gorgeous. All in all it was an inspiring night, perfect for the holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I've always loved ballet! Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog! I hope you visit again! xo www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...