Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Easy homemade eggnog

Brrrrr! It's so cold out! Last night and this morning we got plenty of snow once again. Woke up to find this huge icicle hanging off the tree in our front yard and at least six inches of snow on the ground.


It's basically winter already and I saw eggnog in the store yesterday (that is seriously one of my favorite moments of the year!) so I started craving it. In the spirit of my week of having enough free time to cook all day, I decided to make my own eggnog instead! I found this recipe (from Pinterest, obviously) and got to work!


I halved the recipe since I didn't need much, so here is what I used: 
(doubling it serves 8)

2 large eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 cups of lowfat milk

I whisked the eggs and sugar together until the sugar was dissolved, then added the vanilla, nutmeg, and milk. I simmered the mixture for at least a minute (because of the uncooked eggs) but it was delicious beforehand, so I may be substituting with pasteurized eggs in the future to be able to drink it uncooked.


Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...