Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rice pudding


Had a break in the middle of my day, which I used to make a batch of rice pudding! After a bit of web surfing, I ended up creating my own compilation recipe. Here's how I made my rice pudding:

2 1/2 cups of lowfat milk
1/3 cup of uncooked rice
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup golden raisins

I combined the milk, rice, and salt in a pot on low until the rice was tender (about 30 minutes), stirring occasionally. In a separate bowl, I mixed the egg and brown sugar thoroughly, and added it to the pot. I let it thicken on low (about five minutes). Finally, I took it off the heat and added the vanilla, cinnamon, and golden raisins to the mix. 


Mmmmmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...