Friday, November 4, 2011

T-shirt scarf/necklace

  
I've been seeing t-shirt scarves and necklaces all over Pinterest. Although at first I didn't love them, I had a shirt that didn't really fit but was a pretty color so I decided to try it.


I cut out the back of this shirt and cut one inch strips horizontally. I ended up with 20 strips.


I then stretched the strips a few at a time until they became long and thin and the sides curled.


I divided my stack into two groups (ten each) and tied knots between pairs, one from each group.


I ended up with ten long strips which I made one big knot of in the center (both ends were loose).


I didn't like the look of the big knot, so I took a sleeve and wrapped it around the knot a few times until it completely hid the knot. Finally, I tied all of the pairs that were previously loose, completing the circle.


This is what I ended up with! I'm pretty pleased :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...