Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pear-gruyère pizza

So if you read my blog even infrequently you probably know that I love naan pizza! It's become a family favorite and it's so easy to use. Tonight, I wanted to imitate a pizza that I have had at a CPK (yum yum!). I have ordered their pear and gorgonzola pizza multiple times because I find it delicious. With an extra piece of naan, some left-over gruyère, and a few pears lying around I decided to get to work. Although the pizza I was trying to imitate had gorgonzola and arugula on it, I figured I could substitute with gruyère and call it good. When looking around for a third topping, I decided to use some cooked onion and I'm glad I did. 


I toasted the naan for a few minutes with a bit of olive oil spread on top. Meanwhile, I cooked the sliced onion on medium in butter until browned, and added that to the naan on top of sliced pear. On top, I grated a generous amount of gruyère. I then baked this creation at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about five minutes (nothing had to cook, just the general warming of the toppings). Super pleased with how it turned out, I'm not ashamed to say I wolfed it down in less than ten minutes! (To be fair, I had just returned from a strenuous yoga class :) )


2 comments:

  1. this looks delicious! haha I'm so hungry now, haven't had breakfest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks and sounds to die for!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...