Saturday, February 25, 2012

Zucchini orzo

Mmmm....orzo! I love love love orzo, so when I found this recipe, I had to try it. I modified it though, and ate it warm not chilled, so here is how it went:

  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 3/4 cup orzo
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons thinly sliced onion
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons feta cheese

I cooked the orzo, which only took about nine minutes. Then I cooked the zucchini and onions on medium heat with the tablespoon of oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Once browned, I added this to the orzo (still warm), and added the feta cheese. I topped it all with more salt and pepper, and olive oil and vinegar. This may be one of my favorite recipes so far!



{Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...