Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday

Happy Superbowl Sunday to everyone. Although I am not an avid football fan (I watch a game here and there, if it involves the Broncos), I watched the Superbowl just like many other not-avid football fans. Mainly for the food, friends, and ads. While there was plenty of food at the viewing party I was at (wings, pigs-in-blankets, brats, non-vegetarian foods etc.), I wanted to be sure I had at least one thing I could eat so I decided to try my hand at an onion dip. I chose this recipe, for Sweet Onion Dip. Here's how it went:

Ingredients: 

1 tbsp olive oil
2 sweet yellow onions, finely chopped
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 c reduced-fat sour cream
2 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp white-wine vinegar
1/4 c finely chopped chives
Potato chips, for serving

Directions:


Add chopped onions, salt, and pepper (to taste) to oil heated at medium in a skillet. 


Cook until golden brown, stirring frequently (about 15 minutes). Let cool.


While the onions are cooking, combine sour cream, cream cheese, white-wine vinegar, and chives in a bowl. 


Add onions to the bowl, and let chill until thick (about 1 hour). Serve with chips.

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious - you are making me hungry!
    x
    Melissah from Coastal Style

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...