Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cheap peppermint mocha

What is this? Two days ago it was over 80 degrees out and now there's snow on the ground! I'm still recovering from my sunburn and wearing a ski jacket! Crazy.

Anyway, the cold weather is a good excuse to enjoy my cheap, college-student-budget version of Starbucks' Peppermint Mocha. I like making my own because it's cheaper this way, I can control how sweet my drink is, and I can have it any time of the year because I have the ingredients in my kitchen!


I use instant coffee (I am aware there is much higher quality coffee to be had, but our coffee machine broke so I am stuck with instant), peppermint mocha creamer, and hot cocoa mix. I usually just combine these ingredients to taste so I won't give actual measurements here, but give it a try!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll definitely give this a shot :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby is a huge peppermint fan- will be sure to impress him with this one! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done something similar...I swear by this

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...